Tuesday 1 April 2008

Your Country needs YOU!!


I'm still tamping about that insulting advertising campaign I wrote about yesterday, so today I decided a call to action was needed.
One voice can make a difference if we're bold enough to speak loudly, from the right platform. The internet gives us all that platform, if we want it. I for one have had quite enough of the largely ineffectual drug and alcohol services in this Country. Yes, there are some that are very good and make a great deal of difference to alot of people. But these services are few and far between and from what I've experienced, they tend to be self sustaining, choosing not to receive money from the government.
If you are putting up with a service that isn't up to scratch it's time to complain. We all deserve to receive the best treatment and this simply isn't happening in large areas of Britain. By speaking out it will help to identify areas in need and get the ball rolling in improving health services for everyone. Let's put the GREAT back into Britain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in!

chris said...

I too am appalled and disgusted by the nhs advertising campaign.
It clearly makes a mockery of addiction,from us addicts to the whole industry.
Surely the key to recovery is based on individual,setting and the support around you not from a bottle of miracle cure.If only it was that simple bob!.
I didnt realise the nhs was outsourcing its advertising to the early learning center nowadays.

Anonymous said...

I've been in a long time. Having been 'invited' to the Home office a couple of years ago to discuss my views of the drug and alcohol treatment facilities, on which I had previously, frequently and publicly, expressed my less than complimentary views, it was suggested that my practice might benefit from some additional work.

Having expressed my appreciation, I declined, on the grounds that I felt unable to accept work from any source, which considered counseling sessions of which less than 20 minutes was acually devoted to the needs of the client were less than inadequate. Shortly afterwards, the meeting came to an end.
Strange as it may seem, I haven't been invited back.

More recently i have been informed in no uncertain terms,by the editor of a well known and respected journal, which claims to be indpendent and balanced in its reporting, that my views on the unbalanced and distorted ideology,which i consider occupies much of its content and which masquerades under the banner of 'harm reduction', professed concern for human rights and freedom of choice etc but in fact by its activities, discredits and makes a mockery of those serious issues, 'are no longer welcome'

Ah well You can't win em all, so its back to Dale Carnegie and how to win friends etc. Am I in? you betcha.