Sunday 11 May 2008

The film of my recovery launches on the web!

This film chronicles my 15 year struggle with addiction and how I found my pathway to recovery. In addition, my mother, Kerry, explains the effect that my addiction had on her and the rest of my family.

Making this film was really emotional as I revisited some of the most difficult parts of my life. However, I feel that it was more than worth it as I have had the opportunity to reach out to others who are facing similar issues – giving them hope and encouragement that it is possible to break free from addiction and enjoy life again.

Since completing this film I feel that I have come a long way. I moved out of the rehab and into a shared house, continued with my voluntary work and then gained full-time employment as a Substance Misuse Worker. I’ve recently bought my own house with my girlfriend and I’m really enjoying life – the good and the bad!

As the film was shot in high definition, we have had to cut it up into eight sections so that it could be viewed on the web. There is also a shorter version (8 minutes long), which is a summary of my journey.

I hope that you enjoy this film and that you gain a better understanding of addiction and recovery. I would really appreciate hearing your feedback, so please do not hesitate to contact me (kevinm@wiredin.org.uk). 

No comments: