Thursday 19 June 2008

Chance meetings...

                            Left to right - Paul, Myself, Stuart, Jason


I've not long returned from a two day visit 'oop north', taking in Manchester, Liverpool and Warrington and visiting various services in those locality's. On Monday evening I was meeting up with various people from the NTA, DAT's etc in a coffee shop in central Manchester. I should stress that this was my first ever visit (although I plan to return shortly), as I'm sat down first of all a lad I know from Cardiff, and haven't seen for 4 years walks up to me and then I can see two lads sat opposite us keep looking up and smiling at us. Well, we were a varied bunch so I thought that explained that one! 

But it wasn't that, they actually recognised Prof D from his writings in DDN (drink and drugs news), and then when Stuart Honor joined us it tipped the balance and they came over to say hello. They were Paul and Jason from Blackburn,Both of them have recovered from drug addiction and they are now both involved in The Thomas Project in Blackburn. 

I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason so I'm going to keeping in touch with the lads and hopefully I'll be visiting The Thomas Project very soon.

No comments: