Tuesday 16 September 2008

No smoking!!!

It's now well into the second week and my mission to stop smoking is continuing. Apart from a lapse on the weekend of half a ciggie, (bloody awful that it was!) everything is going well. I even stopped using the patches after a couple of days as I didn't really think they were necessary for me.


As for cravings, they only seem to bother me in the evenings after I've had my dinner and I'm relaxing on the sofa. But what I've found is that as long as I distract myself initially, by thinking or doing something else, the cravings don't last long and are easily managed. Physically I don't feel any different at all, not worse or better and I certainly haven't had any physical withdrawals!

Mentally though I'm feeling a whole lot better. I've finally conquered the fags! Hopefully no lung cancer or the like for me! My mental outlook changed after I had that lapse on the week end. It tasted awful and after that I realised that I don't want to smoke. It's been plain sailing since then. 

If you smoke and are considering giving up my advice would be to go for it. I didn't find it as hard as I thought I would and the same may apply to you!

No comments: